Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:12:16 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dependencies satisfied, build stops anyway.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:28 PM, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> Attempts to compile a number of ports on RPI2, in this case dns/bind910,
> often
> stop with an error along the lines of:
>
> /bin/mkdir -p '/tmp/mountpoint.f1jbPw/devel/gettext-tools/work/stage/usr/
> local/share/gettext'
>  install  -m 555 ../build-aux/config.rpath '/tmp/mountpoint.f1jbPw/devel/
> gettext-tools/work/stage/usr/local/share/gettext'
> ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
> ===>  Installing for gettext-tools-0.19.8.1
> ===>  Checking if gettext-tools already installed
> ===>   gettext-tools-0.19.8.1 is already installed
>       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
>       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
>       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of gettext-tools
>       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
>       in your environment or the "make install" command line.
> *** Error code 1
>
> In case it isn't obvious, I'm confused. The version sought is found,
> so what's the error?
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
> bob prohaska

The problem is that you have two tools with different means of determining
if a port is present. When the ports system installs a port, it olls at the
pkgdb an makes sure the port is not installed. Unfortunately, pkgdb thinks
it is.

the easiest fix is to "pkg delete -f gettext-tools" followed be a
re-install. Go to /usr/ports/devel/gettext-tools and make install. If you
are using portmaster, "portmaster -C devel/gettext-tools" will do the job,
as well, but you always need to delete the port.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com