Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:26:08 -0500
From:      Jonathan Towne <wrongway@slic.com>
To:        "Dave J. Boers" <djb@Wit389306.student.utwente.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite 2610 CDT, anyone?

> Does anyone have any experience with the Toshiba Satellite 2610 CDT? I didn't
> find any references to it in the archives. Does that mean that it's working
> fine with FreeBSD?

If its anything like the Satellite Pro 410CDT, you'll have very
few problems.. I got freebsd up and running in a matter of a few
minutes (all due to the null modem cable i was using to transfer
freebsd across for the installation ;).. i've not had the chance
to use any pcmcia cards on it, as i only used it for 24 hours or
so, but, i *did* notice a few odd quirks, seems that the video
card didn't like the way XFree86 switched back into graphics mode
when one switches out of graphics mode via ctrl+alt+F# keys.  The
machine then proceeds to do a lavalamp-like screensaver instead
of just going back to the XFree86 desktop as i'd left it..another
oddity is that when you switch out of X, or kill it, either way,
you get this quiet little constant beep from the sound system,
no idea whats causing either of these quirks, but its fully usable
otherwise, and I'll figure them out when i get the laptop back.

--
Jonathan Towne		jontow@massive.geek.edu/wrongway@slic.com
Systems Administrator			 http://massive.geek.edu/