Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:41:06 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security check output

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.971210134739.16471A-100000@julija.o-fp.kr.edus.si>,
Vladimir Deric  <vladimir.deric@julija.o-fp.kr.edus.si> wrote:

> From: Charlie Root <root@medvet-pu.s-gim.kr.edus.si>
> Subject: medvet-pu security check output
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 2:00:22 +0100 (CET)
>
> checking setuid files and devices:
> find: /dev/ch0: Bad file descriptor
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure what is causing that on your system.  Here is something
to try.  Become root, get into the "/dev" directory, and do "ls -l
ch0".  The output should look like this:

    crw-r-----  1 root  operator   17,   0 Dec 12 09:33 ch0

The date and time may be different, but everything else should appear
exactly as above.  If it doesn't, then type "./MAKEDEV ch0".

See if that helps.

John