Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:28:14 -0800
From:      "Michael J. Ruhl" <mruhl@network-alchemy.com>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch

--------------4616604CE7C2561545359FDF

Ryan Thompson wrote:
> "Just not up to date", probably.  I tried to make expect on 3.4 a few days
> ago and it looks like the .tar.gz has changed.  Make sure you really
> updated the expect port to -STABLE and try again... the md5 checksum file
> was updated when I did it, and expect built fine after that.
>
> If that still doesn't work, try cvsweb to fetch the port skeleton for
> expect.

Ok, I think I have this figured out.  make install downloads expect
from http://expect.nist.gov/.  The checksum on that one is:

8fcd64c4599657eaf4274fd3e3dc037b

The checksum in the files directory is:

92affc4eb5e0f24f3fa53e2820b7c749

If I download the expect.tar.gz file from
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/ports/distfiles the checsum is the 92... one.
Which file is correct?  Who needs to know this?  Is this a buggable
item?

Thanks!

--------------4616604CE7C2561545359FDF

begin:vcard
n:Ruhl;Michael J.
tel;fax:(831) 460-3801
tel;work:(831) 460-3800 ext 3872
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Network Alchemy;Quality Assurance
adr:;;1538 Pacifice Avenue;Santa Cruz;California;95060;United States
version:2.1
email;internet:mruhl@network-alchemy.com
title:Tall Blonde Guy
x-mozilla-cpt:;0