Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:03:22 +0300
From:      Reinis Ivanovs <dabas@untu.ms>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Long HTTP connection delays in LAN

Hello,

I have a strange HTTP connectivity problem in my LAN. There is a
FreeBSD 7.1 system that runs the httpd, a Vista system that I use to
connect to it, and a Tomato 1.23 WRT54GL router between them. It often
occurs that I can ping the FreeBSD system just fine, but HTTP
connections get "stuck" for minutes on end. After they become
"unstuck", everything works normally for a while, and then the problem
might come back. I know the httpd is running fine during those times
because there are no delays connecting locally or from outside the
LAN. It seems I also get similar delays when I try to connect to the
router's web administration panel. There are so many variables that
I'm not sure whether the problem lies with FreeBSD or something else.
I'm hoping somebody with more networking experience could give me some
hints about where to look, because I'm seriously stuck.

Best,
R. <http://dabas.untu.ms/>;