Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:43:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Wehle <john@feith.com>
To:        andreas@dahlen.ws
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 for FreeBSD 5.2

> The driver implements "B/G Off air channels" for my tuner (LG).
> However I'm connected to a cablenetwork and need to S-channels
> in "B/G Cable Channels". I tried to use channel from the "B/G
> Off air mapping" that matched the Mhz for the S-shannel, but
> it didn't work. What I'm I doing wrong?

I have no idea.  I would need specific details in order to even
guess (i.e. exact channel numbers, MHz, etc).

> Does the bablemapping needs to be implemented in the driver somehowe?

You could implement a B/G cable channel map in the driver, though
what I actually recommend is you implement the mapping in your
application and simply use TVTUNER_SETFREQ instead of TVTUNER_SETCHNL.

> If I use setchannel to change to a channel that aren't bradcasting.
> Is the channel set to this new channel or is the old one used?

The channel is set to the new channel (though possibly off frequency
if AFC was enabled since it can't do the right thing if no carrier
was present).

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |