Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:17:33 -0500
From:      "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" <rafareta@icave.com.mx>
To:        Victor Miguel Romero Guevara <vromero@creatos.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS Configuration

Victor Miguel Romero Guevara wrote:

> Hi, I'm new in FreeBSD and I want a DNS server running in FreeBSD.
> Please, where I can obtain information for do this?. Is the same way in
> Linux?.

Victor, setting a DNS is the same if is it's the same Bind version. If
isn't, there are "some" changes in the named.boot (now named.conf).

> Please, sendme some information or links for do this, because is urgent
> for my work. Thanks! d:)

check:
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/

and there is the BIND father's site but I cant remember the site name
(vixie or something like)

I also strongly recommend you the Nutshell "cricket" book

> P.D. If is more powerful than Linux, I adopt FreeBSD like mi operating
> system d;)

I started with Linux 4 years ago, then I switched to FreeBSD and I love it.
IMHO FreeBSD is more situable as server and Linux for end user.

Saludos jarochos

Rafael Reta
Telecomunicaciones, ICAVE
Veracruz, MEXICO!