Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:37:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add route

> > the -interface flag is required for the route addition and netmask
>   Interface flags is NOT required.  The interface should always be implied
> by the gateway address anyhow.  Using the "-interface" flag can do funny
> things.  In fact, it is only recent that "-interface" even works on
> FreeBSD.
(I said the interface flag was required due to the syntax being used in
the original question (ie specifying the interface at the end of the
command), But it is not usually the format I use)

I usually add routes by using the format:

But What about in the case of the the localnet?
When adding a route for the local network I have always used:

Should i instead be specifying the localhost as the gateway?

-Don