Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:17:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        pokora <pokora@execpc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fail to boot

On Sun, 14 Jan 1996, pokora wrote:

> I've spent numeruos hours and tried numerous time to install FreeBSD. When completed, the system
> doesn't boot. I indicated to use boot manager because the first hard drive has all my DOS
> software. I have a second drive that I installed FreeBSD. Do I need to reenter the install
> program from the boot.flp to set anything.

Can you boot using the boot floppy?  for example at the boot: prompt type
wd(1,a)/kernel to boot freebsd from a second IDE disk?

Doug White                              | Student, University of Oregon
Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Major: Computer Science
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Eugene/Spfld BBS List Publisher