Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 12:56:22 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Tony Wells" <awells@journalstar.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling sendmail with SASL support problem

*sorry forgot to cc the list :)*

all domains relaying through your box will go through sasl. no one domain
listed in relay-domains, access.db or whaterver will override sasl.

as for the tests.. there are 2.

sendmail -d0.1 -bv root | grep SASL

> sendmail -d0.1 -bv root | grep SASL
                NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS QUEUE SASL SCANF SMTP USERDB
XDEBUG

The sendmail compiled correctly with sasl support if SASL is listed in the
output of that command.

The second test is;

telnet to localhost 25 and issue the ehlo o syntax. it should printout a
list of compiled features. You will need to look for the Auth* line. If
found sasl is compile properly. A printout on my box is below.

> telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 comp1.mastery.ca ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.3/8.11.1; Thu, 31 May 2001
12:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
ehlo o
250-comp1.mastery.ca Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-EXPN
250-VERB
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ONEX
250-ETRN
250-XUSR
250-AUTH LOGIN
250 HELP
quit
221 2.0.0 comp1.mastery.ca closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

If either of these tests fail its most likely a miss configuration with your
sendmail.cf. If you would like me to send my config just ask.

Ryan