Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:04:06 -0800
From:      "Michael K. Smith - Adhost" <mksmith@adhost.com>
To:        "Office of the CIO-rithy4u.NET" <root@rithy4u.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Routing

Hello:

With very little information, I'm guessing you mean, "how do I route
through a FreeBSD box from one NIC to another?"

First, as root, 'sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=3D1' and then update
/etc/sysctl.conf with 'net.inet.ip.forwarding=3D1' so it is available
after reboot.

Second, in /etc/rc.conf, put 'gateway_enable=3D"YES"'

After that, you'll have to provide more information about your
configuration to receive more specific information about configuration
guidelines.

Regards,

Mike