Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:12:15 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        "Rob Carmichael" <robc@globalevideo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: My kernel version is stuck

At 12:26 PM 4/18/2002 +0100, Rob Carmichael wrote:
>I'm currently maintain three freebsd boxes, all of which I keep updated via
>cvs (via the makeworld script from freebsddiary.org). The problem I am
>having is that each of the one machine says its 4.4-RC and the other two say
>4.5-PRERELEASE whereas by my reckoning all three should say 4.5-RELEASE as I
>update them on a weekly basis.
>I've tried changing it in /stand/sysinstall 'options' but the change is
>never held, and I don't seem to be able to change it

When you update, do you actually install a new kernel?

`ls -l /kernel` and make sure the timestamp verifies the kernel is what you
expect it to be.  A `make world` does not build nor install a new
kernel.  Take a look at /usr/src/Makefile for the available targets.

--
Christopher Schulte
http://www.schulte.org/