Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:29:40 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade -Fa

Here's a strange thing:

I have a number of servers which all run a portupgrade script every
night to fetch the latest distfiles automatically.  I then complete the
upgrade when I decide I'm in the mood :)

The strange part is that on some of the servers the script works just
fine, and on others it runs, and emails me what looks like a job well
done, but the distfile has NOT been fetched.  When I then go to do the
actual upgrade, the distfile must first be fetched by portupgrade before
it proceeds to build.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

Regards,
Patrick.

PS:  here is the script which is triggered by cron:
=====================================
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

# Copyright 2002,2003 - Perimeter Networks CC.  All rights reserved.
# PCR:manual    mars.connectivit.net:/peri/scr/cron/portupgrade
# 09/10/2003    Patrick O'Reilly

#----------------------------------------------------------#
# !!!       THIS  FILE  IS  MAINTAINED  BY  PCR        !!! #
# !!! DO NOT MAKE CHANGES MANUALLY - THEY WILL BE LOST !!! #
#----------------------------------------------------------#

# Perimeter's cronified "portupgrade -Fa" script
# 19/09/2003 11:20

(
  echo "Running 'portupgrade -Fa' on mars ..."
  echo "`date`: portupgrade -Fa"
  echo " "

  cd /usr/ports
  /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -Fa