Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 05:34:25 -0700
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, parker@Yahoo-inc.com
Subject:   Re: [svlug] *sigh* (fwd)

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 03:03:46PM -0700, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> wrote:
> > 	Derek is a local PITA. Good thing he has no voice and even himself
> > is forced to run FreeBSD on his desktop. Hehe. I love Yahoo. ;)
> >
> > 	Yes, it was my idea of going with Linux for oracle. I'd much rather
> > see that happen, then oracle on NT.
>
> Erm, why didn't you point him at:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org.ru/linux-oracle.HOW-TO.html
>
> Or any of the other howtos on running Linux oracle on FreeBSD?
>
> - Jordan

	The reason we had to go with RedHat was because that is what
Oracle will oficially support. Not Debian. Not SuSE. Not FreeBSD (the
other Linux distribution).

	I have yet to talk to our local DBA and find out how many
times a month he calls oracle for support and if it is an OS level
support or not?

-- Yan

--
"My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse. In a non-PC