Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:07:17 -0500
From:      "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
To:        Stuart Henderson <sthen@naiad.eclipse.net.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware Raid controllers

> Have not had chance to try the PCI card yet since the
> only ones we have are in NT machines. I suspect they'll
> work okay. But then, I don't see any reason not to use
> one of the known-supported cards like a generic AMI or
> a Mylex pci dac unless you have a netraid card lying
> around anyway (in which case I guess there'd be no point
> in asking on-list ;-)

My thought on using the NetRAID is that the system I will be using
(HP NetServer LPr) is HP, and the NetRAID card may integrate into
the system better. If I use a Compaq or Mylex card, I dont know if
I need to pull out the hotswap buffer backplane or anything weird
like that. I will save the futzing around with hardware for my generic
custom built PC servers, not my new name brand toy.

Thanks for the info. Now all I have to do is hunt down product
specs on thier site (Thier Korean and Russian sites have had more
informative data than thier USA site.)

--
	-Jason J. Horton <jason@intercom.com>
	 Fat Man in a Little Coat