Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:16:10 +0930
From:      Michael Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "wi0: watchdog timout" on 4.4-R

Warner Losh wrote:

> Hmmm...  Usually when you get a watchdog timeout, it means that you're
> not using the right interrupt.  However, I'm assuming that things are
> kinda working at this point (since I've seen some watchdogs mean that
> the card is just a little slow at responding).

Yeah, it is truly bizzare, everything looks like it should be working.
I've successfully set the IP address and SSID, and ifconfig reports that
I've attached to the base station, but I can ping not one single host.

Is it significant that an inserted card is only recognised if it is in
at bootup or if I manually do a `pccardc power 0 1`?

> I'm not at all sure what to say about this...

Something did just occur to me. I had ths running under Windows first,
and it didn't work with the standard Windows drivers. I had to use
Elan's to get it working, and I experienced the exact same problems
under Windows that I'm having now - eveything looked like it should be
working, but it just *didn't.*

The odd thing is, it's can't be a proprietry driver issue because
according to Elan, the adapter works fine with the stock Linux PCMCIA
drivers.

Their Linux support page <http://www.pccard.co.uk/support/plinux.html>;
may have some useful information that you can make sense of. I have the
"P111" model. Is there any more debug I can get to you?

Mike.

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
   Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.