Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:55:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "ghost" user

> I'm seeing something a little wierd on one of our servers.  A who shows
>
> apache   ttyp0   Jun 19 08:06   (borg)
> gschryer ttyp2   Jun 18 15:08   (135.205.95.104)
>
> but gschryer is *not* logged in.  Furthermore, a w shows

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  If you're using 2.2.6, it's
possible that this could be happening due to a buggy xterm.  There's a
fixed xterm binary at:

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/updates/2.2.6-RELEASE/xterm

Brett
Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

If you meet a beautiful woman wearing skintight, clingy
lycra, and one of the first five words out of your mouth
is "Campagnolo" . . . . . you might be a cyclist.