Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 14:32:16 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Ware Escalade experience?

Would anybody on this list happen to have any experience with 3Ware's
Escalade IDE RAID (hardware) controllers on FreeBSD?
I may end up setting up a high end file server (insofar as an IDE-based
system can be called "high-end") and want to use these controllers due to
the absurdly high cost of SCSI disks compared to IDE.
Additionally, does anybody know if they can be combined (i.e. 2+ controllers
for a single partition)?
This isn't a time-critical question so please don't make any sort of
significant effort to answer it if you don't know off the top of your head.
I'll find out eventually.

Initially I thought that the controller was unsupported by FreeBSD (though I
never really looked), but I just noticed that the driver had been updated as
noted in the 4.3 release notes.

Multiple thanks (probably 3 to 3.5)

Charles Burns