Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:35:23 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@deepcore.dk>
To:        Enrique Ayesta Perojo <eayesta@portugalete.uned.es>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA RAID problem in6.0-RC1 (ata_alloc_request/ata_raid_init_request)

Enrique Ayesta Perojo wrote:

> El Jueves 10 Noviembre 2005 16:06, Michael Butler escribió:
>
>>David Taylor wrote:
>>| [snip]
>>|
>>| I'm still seeing (lots) of these messages (below) on 6.0-RELEASE.
>>| Should I just file a PR about it, and is there anything else that
>>| would be useful to track down what's causing them?
>>
>>I get these with an HighPoint HPT372N UDMA133 controller .. what is
>>your's?
>>
>>	Michael
>

> I have the same problem with an Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A (HPT370), i'll try to
> upgrade to 6.0-STABLE to see if the problem has been solved, anyway, does
> anybody know if there is a patch for this?

Something is not well here, I just inserted a rocketraid 1520 into my
(newish) test box there, and even the HPT BIOS cant find the drives, it
locks up the machine!!

However a rocketraid 1540 sees the disks and apparently works just fine..

This suggest to me that there might be HW problems involved in this..

-Søren