Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:07:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Krzysztof Krawczyk <cys@denied.cx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Dynamic DNS

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Christopher Michaels wrote:

Yes! :) Exactly. I was asking about possibility of making something
similar (it is no must to be the same of course) to dyndns. I want to be
independent. I run bins and I am holding DNS table so I thought that I can
also manage dynamically assignes IPs on another FreeBSD box by myself. Is
it possible? I think I will need two deamons - one for server (waiting for
connections from boxes with dynamically assigned IPs and that then it will
manage DNS) and one for client (which send actually info about its IP).
Client will be using ppp modem connection, so I can run it from ppp.linkup
I think.

=>As to the original question, I'm not sure if this is what he is asking.
=>
=>I belive what Krzysztof is asking, is if there is a way for the bind running
=>on his box to be updated with the current IP address of some other boxes.
=>E.g.  His box would be acting like a mini-dyndns style name server.
=>
=>If that is the question, I don't belive there is a freely available daemon
=>to do this.
=>
=>-Chris
=>

     Cys - Krzysztof Krawczyk
     IRC on DALnet: #polska #polcafe #wroclaw

     cys@.denied.cx