Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:22:28 +0800
From:      sbirdy <sbirdy@netvigator.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail problem with DNS & mail server in same machine

Dear sir,
     I intened to build small lan connected to internet with a dns
server also serve as email.after setup, everything is ok except when
sendmail.e.g  when I send mail with  "user@domain.name. error display
somethings like "error 544: mx point back to ns1.test.com. unknown
host "test.com".but,if I send to addr. user@hostname.domainname.
everything become fine. this is my /etc/namedb/db.test.com file,
( BIND ver 4.9.6 in freebsd 2.2.5)

@   IN SOA ns1.test.com. billy.ns1.test.com. (
                       980528  ; Serial
                       10800 ; Refresh after 3 hours
                       3600 ; Retry after 1 hour
                       604800 ; Expire after 1 week
                       86400 ) ; Minimum TTL of 1 day

                      IN NS ns1.test.com.
                      IN MX 0 ns1.test.com.

localhost    IN A 127.0.0.1
sbirdy        IN A 202.82.3.197

loghost       IN CNAME ns1
www         IN CNAME ns1

why can't domainname server unknown host in addr "user@test.com"
and is "OK" when also use the dns server with hostname
"user@ns1.test.com" ?Please give me some advise. how to make
the "usr@domainname" work if I can only have one machines to take
this two jobs.
by the way, is not yet connect to internet, is it also a problem?