Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:50:06 +0900
From:      Neill Thornton <neillt@coastalnet.com>
To:        rsm@acm.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCCards - Help Needed?

Hi Scott...

I was following the thread on mobile re: PC Card support, and it looks like
you have been kighted to All Supreme PC Card King.  I don't know if I
should congratulate you or feel sorry for you :)

Anyway, I am offering my help.  I don't know too much C, so as far as
coding goes, I would be only a minor help.  But I can write documentation,
or test code, or assist in organizing help.  I am running  PAO'ized 2.2.8
right now, but am about to upgrade to 3.1-stable.  I only have a linksys
Combo 10BT/2 adapter and generic ActionTec modem card to test it on, but I
am willing to give anything a try.

It is becoming clear that if people don't start offering help to get this
ball rolling again, it's gonna get declared dead.  I hope other people like
me come out of the woodwork and support any efforts that might be made to
enhance FreeBSD on mobile platforms.  I have been using FreeBSD since
2.0.5, both on and off laptops, but always just lurking as a user and never
giving anything back.  This is my chance to help out the collective effort.

Let me know what I can do....

Neill

---
HN(FMF) Neill Thornton, USN                    Powered by FreeBSD
1st Battalion, 8th Marines Battalion Aid Station         Go Navy!
2d Marine Division, II MEF, MARFORLANT