Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:12:22 -0400
From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   qmail and setting up mailboxs

I am reading though the INSTALL.mbox doc that comes with the qmail
port.  This is what it says:

---------------INSTALL.mbox---------------
The basic procedure for switching to ~user/Mailbox is simple:

   * Move each /var/spool/mail/user to ~user/Mailbox.
---------------INSTALL.mbox---------------

First off, I am assuming that ~user/Mailbox is refering to the file
/var/qmail/user/Mailbox.  That being correct, ~user/Mailbox is a file,
not a folder.  Next, it talks about moving /var/spool/mail/user to
~user/Mailbox.  /var/spool/mail/user does not exist on my FreeBSD-STABLE
4.0 machine.  I don't even have a /var/spool/mail.  I DO have a
/var/mail/[username] directory, so I am assuming that the documentation
is refering to /var/mail/[username], (one is /var/mail/mhoman).  How do
I move the folder to the file /var/qmail/user/Mailbox?  What am I
missing here?

--
Sam Carleton
Please stop by http://www.maineville.net and