Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:48:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel on dual board with single proc?

:Is it possible to build & run an SMP kernel on a DP board with only one CPU
:installed?  I know this is kind of a silly thing to do but I was just
:wondering if it is possible.
:
:I tried it on my BP6, but got a "panic: NO BSP found!" or something like
:that on boot.  If this is indeed possible I can give it another go, and
:post my mptable, dmesg, and kernel conf.
:
:Tom Embt
:tom@embt.com

    It should work just fine, simply compile and run a UP kernel on it
    (or perhaps an SMP kernel with NCPU set to 1).  A number of machines
    at a company I consult for run UP kernels on SMP boxes with only one cpu
    populated.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>