Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 16:11:45 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   40 x, ATAPI CD-ROM, not detected!

I have a friend in Australia that is trying to install
3.1-Release from CD has the following problem:

1. Boots using the BIOS option "first boot device     CD-ROM drive"
2. Boots from CD OK but after going through the normal installation
options... and selecting the media as CD-ROM the system comes back with
CD-ROM not found!!!

He has tried everything including booting from floppies!
Standing on his head! And turning the machine upside-down!
:)

Anyone had this problem... I have not seen it before, but I do not have any
40 x ATAPI CD-ROMs!

Greg