Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:49:23 +0100
From:      "Hasse Hansson" <hasse@thorshammare.org>
To:        "'Zbigniew Szalbot'" <zszalbot@gmail.com>, "'User Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SV: Archiving directories / zip format

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org =
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] P=C3=A5 vegne af Zbigniew =
Szalbot
Sendt: den 6 december 2010 08:17
Til: User Questions
Emne: Archiving directories / zip format

Dear all,

>From time to time I want to archive a quite a few directories to
download them conveniently. I have been using tar to do it, endingin
up with a tar.gz file. But the problem with it is that I do not have a
unix machine at home so if I want to extract something or unpack the
content, there is no easy way to do that. My question basically is if
there is a way to end up with a zip file? Or are there any windows
tools to unzip and/or extract content from tar.gz files?

Many thanks in advance!

Zbigniew Szalbot

For windows I've used this program for years, http://www.ghisler.com/
Total Commander. Also good for moving around files. Even contain a FTP =
client.
/hasse=20