Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:12:39 +0100
From:      Leon =?iso-8859-15?Q?Me=DFner?= <l.messner@physik.tu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heimdal 1.4 can't open old 0.6.3 database

Hello,

because of the unusable base gssapi i switched to using the
security/heimdal port. But now my heimdal tools (ipropd-slave, kdc)
can't open my old database the error i get is:

kdc[5156]: Failed to open database: opening /var/heimdal/heimdal.db:
Invalid argument

# /usr/local/libexec/kdc --builtin-hdb                                     =
       =20
builtin hdb backends: db:, keytab:, sqlite:

# ls -l /var/heimdal=20
total 1856
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   1658880 Nov  1 14:27 heimdal.db
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    157706 Nov 12 22:01 log
-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel  10485760 Aug 16 20:06 log.0000000001
-rw-------  1 root  wheel        83 Aug  7 22:31 m-key

# file heimdal.db=20
heimdal.db: Berkeley DB 1.85/1.86 (Btree, version 3, native byte-order)

The old heimdal version was 0.6.3 the new:

# /usr/local/libexec/kdc --version
kdc (Heimdal 1.4)

I can't find any information if i have to merge anything or so. The
Kerberos docu only talks about MIT to Heimdal or v4 to v5 conversion.

thanks,
leon