Date:      Wed, 18 May 2011 16:12:16 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Richard_Brend=F6rfer?= <neamtu@gmail.com>
To:        "quentin.narvor" <quentin.narvor@ensi-bourges.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Large table issue

Look what I found:

One side note: It might occur that PF states: "Cannot allocate memory", in
which case the table is too big to fit in memory.
The problem is that FreeBSD has a limit on the maximum size a program may b=
in memory. This is by default 524288 kB.

One can obtain this and other limits by entering (values in kB):

In sh:

*# ulimit -a*

In tcsh:

*# limits*

To resolv the problem, simply edit /boot/defaults/loader.conf.
Find the following line under the "Kernel tunables" section:
 #kern.maxdsiz=3D""       # Set the max data size

And change it into (values in bytes):
 kern.maxdsiz=3D"1073741824"       # Set the max data size (IN BYTES)

Changes made to /boot/defaults/loader.conf will be effective after
rebooting.