Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:13:22 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        camp@dimensional.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!  Undefined symbol "__stdoutp" in FreeBSD 4.3...

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:58:00PM -0600, camp@dimensional.com wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On a FreeBSD 4.3 server (I inherited when I took over IT duties at a new
> client), I am getting "Undefined symbol "__stdoutp"" error messages when
> I try to run utilities (e.g. sudo) that I have pkg_add'ed to the server.

You can't use packages built for >4.3 on 4.3.

>  Also, attempts to build the latest 'sudo' port fail.  Initially, the
> port building failure involved the fact that  /usr/local/bin/sed_inplace
> did not exist.  Trying to build that port failed as well... so I
> pkg_add'ed sed_inplace... But then the sudo port build kept failing.

The ports collection does not support old releases, although the
sed_inplace port should build.  There were some compatibility fixes
made to the ports collection in the past few weeks..try cvsupping your
ports collection.

Kris

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--