Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:16:04 +0200
From:      Borje Josefsson <bj@dc.luth.se>
To:        Bengt Ahlgren <bengta@sics.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Ericsson GC75 GPRS pccard modem

On 11 Oct 2002 21:17:21 +0200 Bengt Ahlgren wrote:

> I just got a Sony Ericsson GC75 GRPS pccard modem.  It seems to look
> like an ordinary modem with "at" commands to the system, so the
> regular serial driver "just works" (BTW, I'm running 4.5R on an IBM TP
> 570.):

> Talking to the card directly using the cu program and issuing "at"
> commands works.  I have however not yet managed to establish a PPP
> connection over it, but I think it's because I need pap authentication
> info from my provider.

I'm using that card in GPRS mode with 4.6.2R. I took me qiute a while to =

figure out how to do it, though. The key thing that puzzeled me most unti=
l =

I found out is that the "radio"-part of the card isn't powered on by =

default when You insert the card. Until You have done so, almost all of =

the AT commands gives "ERROR" as result. I guess that they have done so s=
o =

You can have the card inserted at all times, without draining power or =

disturbing aircraft electronics etc.

The ppp.conf below works for me (I'm using Telia for GPRS).

gprs:
  set device /dev/cuaa4
  set speed 115200
  set phone
  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
  set authname XXXX
  set authkey XXXX
  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
           \"\" AT OK-AT-OK \
           AT+CFUN=3D1,0 OK \
           \\d\\d\\d\\d\\d\\d\\dAT OK \
           AT&F&D2E0V1S0=3D0 OK \
           AT+IFC=3D2,2 OK \
           ATDT*99***1\# TIMEOUT 84 CONNECT"
  set login
  set logout "ABORT BUSY ABORT ERROR TIMEOUT 15 \
        \"\" +++ATH OK-ATH-OK \
        AT+CGATT=3D0 OK"
  add default HISADDR
  set timeout 0