Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:00:30 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using unix mail with maildir format

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005, Ean Kingston wrote:
>On June 29, 2005 08:50 am, bsd wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Does anyone know if there is a way to read mail with unix "mail"
>> program?
>
>The standard mail command only reads mbox formatted mail stores.
>

>> I've been using this program since couple of years and I am quite
>> happy with It…
>> I can't seem to find a shortcut to have It read maildir format…
>
>There is no shortcut. You would have to modify it yourself.

Use a better character mailer, e.g. mutt.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Liberals love to say things like, 'We're just asking everyone to pay
their fair share.' But government is not about asking. It is about telling.
The difference is fundamental. It is the difference between making love and
being raped, between working for a living and being a slave.''
    Dr. Thomas Sowell, Forbes, July 1994