Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:00:07 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   configure make install problem with vpopmail.

I submitted this to =questions but didn't receive a response.  I've tried
everything now.  deleting the port all together, cvsup to get the latest,
even a make world last night.

Any Ideas?

TIA

pb

I modified the /Makefile for vpopmail to set the prefix to /home and ran
make install without realizing there was already a vpopmail user with a
default directory of /usr/local/vpopmail. (it would be nice if the make
deinstall removed the vpopmail user)...anyhow.

I figure no problem, and remove the user but of course a make deinstall
doesn't complete successfully because the Makefile points to /home as the
prefix.

SO i remove the /usr/local/vpopmail directory manually and attempt to run
the install again.

and it blows...

i've tried even removed the binary for vpopmail...  any help is greatly
appreciated.

configure:1135: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:1156: cc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1215: checking for AIX
configure:1509: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -Wall   conftest.c  1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:1482: warning: implicit declaration of function `unlink'
(end of "config.log")
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/vpopmail.
*** Error code 1