Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 01:03:38 -0700
From:      Ho-Jeong Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X question: upgrading X from 3.3.5 to 4.0

Hello,

I'm sorry for asking X question here, but did anyone tried upgrading X from 3.X
version to 4.0?  I just wanted to get some info before I get into it.  I see
that port has XFree 86 3.3.6 and 4.0.  Can I just build and install 4.0 over
my exsiting X server?  Or do I need to do any uninstallation in order to avoid
any conflict.  Any tips/advise will be appreciated.

Thank you.