Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 1995 15:02:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Hoffman <jeffh@cybernetics.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   NCR chips supported...

I just ordered a new computer recently which has a Fast & Wide SCSI
controller.  I called them back and asked which brand the controller was,
and they told me it had an NCR chip on it.  He did not know the number of
the chip, but told me he thought it was the 835.  After checking the FAQ
I did not see any mention of an 835, only for the 810 and 825.

First of all, is there an 835?  If so, is it supported?

If not, which chip is NCR's Fast & Wide chip, and is it supported?

I have just ordered X-Inside's AcceleratedX and a subscription to the
FreeBSD CD-ROM from WC, so I hope that it will work.

Thank you for your time,

Jeff

-- Jeff Hoffman -- jeffh@cybernetics.net -------------------------------------
 Oceania: A New Country In Development -> oceania@terminus.intermind.net