Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:57:45 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>, "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, "R. Zoontjens" <richard@radecom.nl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: restore question

At 02:25 AM 11.15.2002 +0100, Mark wrote:
> [...]

There IS a program similar to Ghost with respect to making an image. It's
called "dd" and it's already installed on your FBSD system. Run "man 1 dd"
for options.

Bear in mind that if you want an image of your whole disk, you'll need the
2nd one to be at least equal in size, but you will lose any part of the 2nd
HD that is larger than HD #1 (I think Ghost does that too -- or used to).
dd can be limited to imaging only a slice however.....

This questions comes up monthly and the archives has numerous postings over
the past several months that will fill more details.....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net