Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:50:20 -0700
From:      Chris <eagletree@hughes.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting Xserve on 8.0

On Jun 6, 2010, at 4:09 AM, Adam Vande More wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Chris <eagletree@hughes.net> wrote:
>
> EFI is the issue. I was hoping there is new information such as
> an installation with EFI configuration files to permit the boot.
> There are instructions available on creating such an installation
> for linux variants. They don't seem to apply to FreeBSD or I haven't
> the knowledge to create such an installation.
>

> Well if you want to run BSD on it, I suggest NetBSD.  They use rEFIt
> for it.
> http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_install_NetBSD_on_an_Apple_Macbook_w/core2duo
>
> I would say there is even some reasonable hope it that it would work
> well.  I'm no expert thought so you could try asking over there.

Adam and Chris, Thank you, you both are on the solution if it works.

rEFIt at refit.sourceforge.net was one of the solutions that looked
promising, only with FreeBSD. I will try this.

Anyone interested, feel free to contact me off-list on progress or
especially
if interested in cooperative discovery on whether this will work or not.

Thanks again for the responses.