Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 13:13:42 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing 2.X entries from FAQ?

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 08:33:39PM -0400, Eric Ogren wrote:
> Anyways, to get to the point, what do people think about completely
> removing all of the FreeBSD 2.X specific entries from the FAQ?

I'm opposed to the idea of removing information from the FAQ when it's
still accurate.  I know of sites that are still running 2.x systems (when
it works, why upgrade?).

I can appreciate that people don't want to have to read through stuff
that's not directly appropriate to them.  There are proposals on the table
to work through this in a more SGMLish way.  Take a look through the
doc mailing list archives for threads started by me that have the string
"osversionmin" in them, to see one proposal on how to handle things, and
prototype tools on how to implement it.