Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:39:47 +0100
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kelly Martin <kellymartin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recurring kernel panic

Kelly Martin wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 10:41 AM, Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> This looks pretty suspicious to me, I'd guess your hardware has failed.
>
> This same hardware has run OpenBSD for years.

Not really relevant.  When something makes the transition from "working"
to "broken" there will be a first time when it fails.  No-one wants to
believe it is happening to them, but hardware fails *all the time*.

 > Not sure how to track
> down a hardware failure, unfortunately.

There is plenty of documentation online about this (also hundreds of
discussions in the archives), but it basically involves making use of
the modularity of your PC to swap out components and attempt to isolate
the fault.

Kris