Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:43:47 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels - SSG <ChrisMic@sbservices.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Moving to a new harddrive.

Hello,
  I currently have FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE on a 1.6GB IDE harddrive.  I am
running out of space and have a 6.4 GB IDE drive I can use in the system.
The 6.4 is from a computer that was running Windows 95b (FAT32).  I
currently have the 6.4 slaved off the 1.6.
When FreeBSD boots up it reports the 6.4 drive as only being 1888 MB in
size.  I realize this is most likely a side effect of how it was partitioned
in Windoze.  I have in the BIOS noted that is was being recognized in "LBA"
mode (I believe I read something here that this will not work).  I forced
the BIOS to recognize it in "LARGE" mode (which is what the 1st drive
appears to be using) and that didn't make a difference.  There is also a
"NORMAL" mode which I do not believe I have tried yet, but I will do that
tonight when I get home from work.
  Now to my questions:
 #1 What steps should I take to get the BSD machine to recognize all 6.4 GBs
of space on the drive?
 #2 Would it be possible to partition the 6.4 (label it, etc...), copy
everything from the 1.6 and then boot off the 6.4 w/o having to reinstall
BSD and then all my software? (cp -Rp?)
 #3 Am I an idiot and missed something that was obviously in front of me?

Thanks in advance,
/*	Christopher Michaels - SSG
	Corel Technical Support
	ChrisMic@sbservices.com		*/