Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2006 01:47:30 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        olli@lurza.secnetix.de
Subject:   Re: What laptop do you recommend?

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:30:06 +0100 (CET)
Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> freebsd@meijome.net wrote:
>  > I'm looking for a new, gruntier laptop. What laptop is known to
>  > work WELL with freeBSD? e.g.:
>  >
>  > ACPI with no problems (and as many features as possible)
>  > PATA / SATA with no problems
>  > all other basic stuff (graphics, NIC, Wireless g, sound,
>  > touchpad ,etc ) should work too, of course
>  >
>  > Looking into either Intel duo Core or AMD64 chips.
>
> I have recently bought a Samsung X20 (XVM-1600-V).

thanks for the info Oliver :) I'll look into it, though ACPI (or APM )
with proper suspend is a must for me (hibernation would be great, but
somehow i dont think I've heard of any laptop that supports this in
fbsd... could, and hopefully am, wrong)

I am also now starting to look into Pentium-M (higher end) rather than
dual cores ($$ mainly). I haven't heard one comment about 64bit cpus +
laptops + freebsd. ( Lenovo R52 and Lenovo Z60M are shortlisted...
hopefully I'll be able to test a Toshiba Tecra A7 (dual core, SATA
disk) soon)

thx!
Beto