Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:01:29 -0600
From:      darryl@osborne-ind.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.1 & mysql problem

I installed Freebsd 5.1-release.

I then installed lynx from the ports system
without problem.

I then installed apache13 from ports without
problem.

When I tried to install mysql323-client.  I did
this by cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-client.
I then did a make.  It trundled away for a while,
and eventually errored out.

configure: error: Your compiler cannot convert a
longlong value to a float!

I tried to install mysql323-server but it errored
out the same way.

Any ideas why it won't compile ?  I checked the
version of gcc the system is using, and the
man page say gcc-3.2.1.

thanks,
Darryl