Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:14:48 +0100
From:      "Peter J. Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_wb w89c840af winbond card

Hi,

I wonder if there is somebody who has a working winbond ethernet card. My
card has a W89C840 chip and an AC104 PHY. The driver doesn't find the AC104
and as a result the kernel panics. The fix to avoid the panic is very easy,
but i started to wonder if it is the AC104 that is causing this or that the
driver is disfunctional for all PHYs. I am trying to determine why the PHY is
not detected, but it helps to know if the code is completely broken or not.

Peter