Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:47:09 -0500
From:      KB N <kbn00@hotmail.com>
To:        <gecko@freebsd.org>
Subject:   firefox-3.6.10,1 slowdown

Greetings=2C

When I visit a web page with many big images like

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=3Dcat&no=3D273312

my firefox starts to crawl and almost freeze. Even after it finishes loadin=
g all the images=2C I can not scroll down/up=20
the page using my mouse wheel becuase it makes my desktop almost frozen.=20

On the same machine=2C I can view the web page without any problem using Op=
era 10.61.6430 web browser.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD space 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #0: Fri Oct  8 14:21:32 KST 201=
0   =20

$ $ ls -l /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefile
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3800 Sep 17 00:07 /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefil=

The kernel is GENERIC=2C and I don't do any configuration when compiling fi=
refox (i.e. just dbus support checked).

The video card is X800GTO 256AGP on Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard with Athlon=
 X2 3800+ CPU and 2GB RAM.

I've installed xorg and gnome2 ports and they are in the default setting (i=
.e. I didn't do any fancy customization).

Thanks.

 		 	   		  =