Date:      Fri, 5 May 2006 08:25:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      lenny@edpausa.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing on lsi sata 150-6

When I try to install Freebsd on LSI sata 150-6 mirror volumes with 5.4 or
6.0 media, I get the same "No root device found - you must label a
partition as / in label editor". The slice was allocated and labels
created in both cases. If I try to write the changes from the label menu,
I get "unable to find /dev/amrd0s1{a,b,c,d}.  If I allocate a separate
slice for each partition, the same thing happens, only the device names
change slightly.
The volumes themselves get detected properly at install boot and all show
up in both  slice and label menus. ....oh what to do, what to do ? Does
anyone have root residing on one of these controller volumes ?

Thank you all.