Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2012 14:20:59 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current status of www/apache24

On 2012-09-08 01:46, Corey Smith wrote:
> Has anybody made any effort to port Apache 2.4.x yet?  I didn't see
> anything in google, the mailing list archives or the problem reports.
>
> If not I will probably give an initial port a try this weekend.
>
> -Corey Smith

Hi Corey,

I'm working on it.

First milestone was the more or less rewrite of bsd.apache.mk,
apache22 port and the apr update.

There are some really important parts to honor, for example

Apache 2.4 and onwards doesn't require linking the MPM module
directly in the httpd binary anymore. APXS lost the MPM_NAME query,
so we can't assume a given MPM anymore.

But at the moment we need the MPM information in some places to
adjust build parameters (for example in bsd.php.mk).

Next every port which use the macro "USE_APACHE=22+" should be
tested to build against apache24 (~130 ports).

So you see, there are some more places to look.

--
Regards,
olli