Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:02:54 -0400
From:      Jonathan <jonathan@kc8onw.net>
To:        Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADUP] FreeBSD Gecko's TODO and plan for future

On 8/24/2009 8:23 PM, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> Is there any convenient way to list dependencies hierarchially,
> rather than the flat set that pkg_info -r provides?

I've found pkg_tree to be useful for that.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/ports-mgmt/pkg_tree/pkg-descr

The feature I use the most is pkg_tree -tq which gives a list of all
ports that are not depended on by any other ports, i.e. the minimal set
to manually reinstall to replicate a set of installed ports on another
machine.

Jonathan