Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 17:04:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   squid 1.1.4

I'm in the urgent need of getting squid (1.1.4) running to serve some
Win95 weenies hanging in a 192.168.1 network to let them do webbrowsing.

My FreeBSD 3.0-current machine acts as an ISDN router, and is runnig
the squid daemon as well as an apache httpd.

If anyone out there experienced with this could he conatct me please.

It looks like the squid daemon is running fine. Only when I try to
connect via squid to the outside world I'm getting this:

isdn-kuku> tail -f /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log
854896136.897   6655 192.168.1.126 ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/400 837 GET http://www.freebsd.org/ - SINGLE_PARENT/www-proxy.informatik.rwth-aachen.de -
854898046.079    269 192.168.1.126 ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/400 842 GET http://www.freebsd.org/ - SINGLE_PARENT/www-proxy.informatik.rwth-aachen.de -

The webbroswer on the Win95 machine is always giving (61) Connection refused.

This message is generated by squid. So the proxy mechanism to squid in the
local network seems to work.