Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:31:05 +0000
From:      Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to load iwi firmware for wpa_supplicant?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:27:40 +0200
Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:16:48AM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> >
> > Why are you loading the module at all and not compile it into your kernel?
>
> The firmware has to be loaded in addition of the module. When and how
> to load the firmware is the problem, not when and how to load the
> kernel module.o

I just load it within an rc.d script and iwi is compiled into my kernel, but I don't use WEP/WPA encryption.
I'd just add a function to /etc/rc which is the first thing /sbin/init executes or add a custom script to rc.d which executes before wpa_supplicant.
The only thing you'd have to remember is you have the script there performing mergemaster.
There are really so many possibilities.

Marcin.