Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:19:11 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Odd output from make index on rpi2

After a couple months' hiatus at playing with ports, I started again with
a fresh checkout. It seems more than a little has changed.

First off, it looks as if -DBATCH no longer works; dialogs still come
up. Is there a replacement?

Second, I tried to use make search. The transcript looks like this:

root@www:/usr/ports # make search name=lxde
The search target requires INDEX-12. Please run make index or make fetchindex.
root@www:/usr/ports # make index
Generating INDEX-12 - please wait..--- describe.accessibility ---
--- describe.arabic ---
--- describe.archivers ---
--- describe.astro ---
--- describe.audio ---
--- describe.astro ---
umount: unmount of /dev failed: Device busy
--- describe.benchmarks ---
--- describe.biology ---
--- describe.cad ---
umount: unmount of /dev failed: No such file or directory
umount: retrying using path instead of file system ID
umount: unmount of /dev failed: Device busy
umount: unmount of /dev failed: Device busy
--- describe.chinese ---
mount: devfs: Device busy
===> chinese/FreeWnn-lib failed
*** [describe.chinese] Error code 1

make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports

--- describe.cad ---
umount: unmount of /dev failed: Device busy

Any idea what goes on with the umount /dev lines? There's nothing special
on the console, just the usual rogue login failures. Ports are at  453948,
system is at r325598. Quite possibly the umount issue has nothing to do
with ports, but it started promptly when make index was run, after most
of a day attempting to run make on other things.

The system seems stable and reasonably responsive, top shows no strange
activity.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska