Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 14:18:07 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Chris Fletcher <fletch@aneki.sub.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kermit

Chris Fletcher writes:
> Hello there.
>
> I have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.8 from CD and wanted to install
> Minicom. This package has
> kermit as a listed dependancy. However I can't find kermit on the CD's
> or on the FreeBSD ftp site.
>
> I have removed the kermit dependancy from the script and installed
> without it. (I'll live without it)
> but I would be curious as to where the package can be obtained.

# cd /usr/ports/comms/kermit
# make install

The above will download, verify, patch, compile, and install kermit.
You might notice in /usr/ports/comms/kermit/Makefile the line:

RESTRICTED=     "'No redistribution' copyright"

Which means one can't put kermit on CDROM or ftp site without special
permission from the copyright holders.